We acknowledge the land on which we work is the ancestral lands of many tribes, and recognize their continuing connection to land, water, and community. We honor with gratitude the land itself and all indigenous people who are still here today. We also recognize the systemic oppression of Indigenous people, enslaved Africans, and other historically exploited people which has led to the disproportionality in representation and disparities in health of these communities we serve.
We support diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and accessibility in all aspects of business operations.
We’re committed to our values.
MAKERS launched an initiative to improve our understanding of complex issues related to equity and strengthen our work to better serve our clients and communities. Through this process, we developed a set of core values.
- In practice, our planning and design teams and processes support diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and accessibility in the places we work.
- We maintain anti-racist, anti-discriminatory work environments and hiring practices.
- We constantly seek ways to add value to the work experience for all employees.
- We support businesses, suppliers, and vendors who are owned by—and professionals who are—women, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and other people from underrepresented or structurally excluded groups.
- Our leadership team upholds and models social justice priorities and seeks opportunities for staff inclusion in strategic decision-making.