We led a multidisciplinary team to develop a 20-year plan, planned action EIS, and development code to foster a thriving, transit-oriented job center and mixed-use neighborhoods in the face of complex land use, transportation, and natural systems challenges. The plan leverages investment in two bus rapid transit lines by focusing high-density development near transit stops and improving walkability with through-block connections and comfortable paths. The project includes a hybrid form-based code with provisions for people-oriented design. We led community and stakeholder engagement to achieve a community-backed, politically feasible, equitable plan.
- Established roadmap for transition from suburban business park to walkable mixed-use urban center
- Facilitated strategy development among community members, five government entities, local businesses, and property owners
- Met PSRC’s regional growth center criteria and local growth targets
- Increased development feasibility for transit-oriented development
- Carefully selected places for upzones to achieve affordable housing
- Elevated strategies to maintain flexible, affordable commercial space and cultural anchors