We led a major update to the City of Aberdeen’s Comprehensive Plan, which guides overall city growth and development, with the goals of revitalizing the city’s historic downtown, building resiliency, and improving access to housing. Our team worked with community members to center the plan around principles of a unique Aberdeen identity, economic prosperity, human health, environmental health, equity, and resilience, as well as a renewed focus on walkable neighborhood centers. We designed the final product to be an attractive, accessible document that staff and residents will find easy to use for years to come.
- Focused energy on downtown revitalization and housing expansion
- Clarified a neighborhood centers and corridor concept as a guide for land uses and City investment
- Re-envisioned land use designations for greater housing variety, options, and affordability
- Introduced a new streets classification system
- Facilitated difficult community conversations on tsunami and cargo risks to human health