Building on their earlier vision plan for downtown Marysville, MAKERS, with SvR and Transpo, prepared a downtown infrastructure master plan, SEIS, and planned action ordinance. The work included:
- A street design concept that integrates multi-modal transportation, environmental, and redevelopment objectives.
- Design standards for individual streets that will enhance the downtown’s walkability and visual identity.
- Innovative storm water management recommendations that incorporate low impact development techniques and encourage property owners to use new infiltration facilities in the street ROW to handle run-off from private properties.
- A strategy for implementing an ambitious by-pass system to reduce impacts of through traffic
- An evaluation of alternative city hall sites and a strategy to develop a new civic complex.
- Recommendations and design details for Ebey’s Slough waterfront, including trail, marina basin restoration, vegetation restoration and signage.
- Design guidelines to supplement the City’s zoning ordinance (updated as a result of the vision plan) and guide new development.
- SEIS, which acted as a check on the capability of the existing and planned infrastructure’s ability to handle foreseen growth.
City of Marysville, WA
Downtown Infrastructure Planning, Design Standards & Design Guidelines.